Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Happy Birthday Mommy Dear!

Four years ago when I embarked upon a mission to learn how to sew, these were the very first blocks I made.  They are a little crooked and looking at them gives me a headache but they hold great sentimental value to me.  I couldn't think of a better gift to give my mother for her birthday than to make them into a quilt.  Every time she looks at these wobbly mismatched blocks, hopefully she will think of me and know how much I love her, just the way she is.
Oliver gave his contribution to the present by repeatedly hugging the quilt and asking when he could give it to Grandma Nana.  (He always loves a new pretty).
P.S. Mom, I hope you know that I resisted the urge to sew the blocks onto plain white sashing.  The blue is just for you lol.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I want you to know how much it means to me to have the first fruits of your endeavors to become a quilter/seamstress. I am honored.

    Second, I am glad you included the imperfections for they show me the path you have traveled to learn and improve and become who you are. They have great meaning to you and to me. Remember, you do not have to be perfect for me to love you or your quilt.

    Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will cherish this gift, always.

    ReplyDelete