Thursday, February 24, 2011

The newest addition to the Wisconsin Wheatleys!

 
Baby Hazel was born Friday the 18th of February at 5:19am weighing in at 6lb 13oz and 18.5 inches in length.  She came into this world quickly, peacefully and without any complications.  Earlier that day I had my doctors appointment and he said everything looked good and that I had started to dilate but you never know when you will go into labor.  Later that day I started to spot and have contractions but I was not really that excited because I had been having false labor for the last month... so I just kind of blew it off.  Finally Matt called the doctor and he said to meet him at the hospital.  At 8:00pm I reluctantly went along for the ride thinking we would just be sent home.  After I got hooked up to the monitor my contractions were 3 to 5 min apart, some lasting as long as 7 min.  (just like with Oliver my contractions have a mind of there own).  Dr. Heal broke my water at 2:00am (I was dilated to 4cm at this point and 70% effaced) and my labor took off!  I wanted to see how long I could go with out an epidural...ya, I don't know why either.  Thankfully Matt was smart enough to suggest I get my epidural sooner than later because I had Hazel an hour later and almost missed my window of opportunity for some much needed relief.  I had gone from 7cm to 10cm in twenty min.  I told the nurse there was some intense pressure down below, she took a peek and said "Don't push!!"  Dr. Heal got there just in time.  Four contractions later Hazel was born.  I had a wonderful experience with this labor.  It truly was perfect, just like by sweet baby.
I find it amazing what a difference a week can make.  Oliver being born at 36 weeks had to spend 5 days in the hospital, Hazel being born at 37 weeks had no complications and I got to hold her and feed her right away.  That was a special moment for me.  She is wonderful at nursing and sleeps soundly.  I feel so blessed to have two beautiful children and family and friends who are so willing to give a helping hand.  Even with two angels, being a mom has its challenges.  
 Smiling right from the beginning!
6lb 13oz
 Love at first sight
First family photo
 Auntie Brookers
 Just chillin'
She looks so much like Oliver in this picture
 Already has daddy wrapped around her finger!

 This photo does not really do her justice...she has crazy long monkey toes that are adorable
Lovin' the bouncy
 Please ignore my massive boobies and post baby gut.  Right below is proof that baby girls can do as much damage as baby boys.  I think I miss getting pee pee in the face.  Seriously this little present shot a good foot!
 Oliver and his "pretty pretty" man necklace
Helping daddy make a yummy dinner

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, she looks great! I love the shot of the present she left you. My mom was shocked by the insanely explosive mess my baby Kate was capable of making within days of her birth; #2 all the way up her back and out the leg openings of the onesie! haha Girls really are just as capable of making crazy messes. Isn't it great? :) Congratulations on getting her safely here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful! We have a hand written note on our fridge with Hazel's birth date, courtesy of Sara. The girls were so excited to see her and still talk about how much they love her. Love her to pieces and try to get a little rest!

    ReplyDelete